A registered charity, Bath Abbey Music Society (or BAMS as we’re often referred to), was formed out of a shared love for church music.Our purpose is to provide support for the Abbey Choir and musicians.
We help support and promote the Abbey Choirs' annual Christmas concerts and organ recitals on the Abbey’s magnificent Klais Organ. Another exciting venture for us is the recording of Bath Abbey Choir and Organ CDs. These award-winning recordings are funded by BAMS and have proved to be very popular, receiving excellent reviews and enabling the Abbey’s music to reach hundreds more church music enthusiasts worldwide.
Becoming a member is a fantastic way to feel part of the Abbey’s magnificent musical tradition and is an excellent way to give a little something back.
Standard membership: £10 per year:
- Advanced booking and discounts for concert tickets
- A copy of The Chorister, a newsletter about Bath Abbey musicians and music.
BAMS Patron: £30 donation or more
- All the benefits of a standard member, plus a free ticket for one of the Society’s concerts.
Your money will be used to:
- Provide music tuition grants for members of the Boys’ and Girls’ Choirs
- Buy and hire music for use by the choir
- Sponsor Abbey Choir concerts and organ recitals in the Abbey
- Purchase equipment (such as music stands, new choir robes and shelving for the music library)
- Subsidise choir tours to some of the most prestigious concert venues in the UK and Europe
- Help to pay for choir and organ recordings
- As a member of BAMS you'll also be helping us to safeguard and develop Bath Abbey’s music for many future generations to come
For further information or to join, please contact:
BAMS Membership Secretary
c/o Bath Abbey Office
11a York Street