Making a mark
The Footprint project at Bath Abbey is about moving from past to future. This pioneering £19.3million initiative will preserve the beautiful space we have and open it up in new ways – to be enjoyed in its full glory by future generations. If you walk around the building, you’ll see a huge amount of work is underway to both restore and transform our beloved Abbey.
Here’s a snapshot of what we’re doing or catch up on the latest developments via our Footprint update in our Latest News section:
- Restoring the Abbey’s collapsing floor, a precious part of our city’s Georgian heritage
- Preserving our community spirit by opening up even more opportunities for volunteering, groups and partnerships – through a whole host of activities
- Harnessing Bath’s hot spring waters to power eco-friendly underfloor heating
- Re-imagining spaces to create a comfortable, flexible place for all, from special services to family fun days, civic ceremonies to concerts
- Telling the story of the Abbey’s fascinating history through a brand new Discovery Centre
- Creating an inspiring new learning space for schoolchildren right up to mature students
- Building a brand new Song School; home for the Abbey’s choirs and where visiting musicians can rehearse and be made welcome
To make a donation and help make Footprint a reality, just click through to our Donate to Footprint project page.