We count it a great privilege to make everyone welcome at the Abbey, and we consider it a duty to keep them safe. In line with the latest guidelines, our Rector, Canon Guy Bridgewater, has decided:
- We kindly ask if you could please stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- We strongly encourage the use of hand sanitiser at the door. Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance.
- We are supporting NHS Test & Trace so on entry one member of your group will be asked to provide contact details.
- We strongly encourage the wearing of a face mask while visiting and encourage social distancing.
- Please note the public and staff in the Abbey Shop will be required to wear face coverings in the Abbey Shop from 4am 30 November 2021 regardless of whether you are planning to make a purchase or entering the Abbey Shop to exit the Abbey.
During services and events:
- We kindly ask if you could please stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19
- We strongly encourage the use of hand sanitiser at the door and advise the wearing of a face mask while visiting or attending a service.
- The Nave chairs are arranged in rows but there is also an area of socially distanced seating for those who wish to maintain a safe distance from others.
- Other measures to protect against Covid will continue at this point - for example sharing the Peace without touch, and reception of Communion in the form of bread alone
- these worship guidelines will be kept under review as the pandemic develops and, pray God, threat reduces – allowing further easing of restrictions to be safely adopted
Bath Abbey is a house of God, a place of healing and hope – and we are delighted that we can meet in confidence, to give thanks to God in whom there is fullness of life and joy.
Public Health Reassurance:
If and when Covid cases arise at Bath Abbey, in addition to the Test and Trace system, it is our policy to contact Public Health England, to be assured that our Abbey safety and cleaning measures continue to make it safe for visiting, services and events to continue, as planned. We will also apply the Dept. of Education rules used by Schools, to check whether a person’s proximity to fellow personnel at the Abbey presents any cause of infection concern.
If you have any further questions regarding your visit please contact our Visitor Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is regarding attending a service or event please contact our Churchwardens on email@example.com. Or you can call the Abbey Office (Monday-Friday) on 01225 422462.