UPDATED 06/01/21: During lockdown, the Abbey is open only for private prayer and reflection (Mon-Sun, 12-2pm). The Abbey (including Tower & Shop) is closed for general sightseeing and visiting until further notice. In support of the Government's request for the public to stay at home, there will be no services in the Abbey; instead, we will be offering worship online and via social media.
We are here to welcome you for individual prayer and quiet reflection, and are taking every care to ensure a Covid secure Abbey.
We would like to assure you that:
- The Abbey is cleaned regularly throughout the day
- Only an essential team of staff and volunteers are on site and they will be wearing face masks and maintain a 2 metre distance
- We are limiting the number of people in the Abbey and chapels at any one time, as a result you may be asked queue
- We are part of Visit England’s “We’re Good To Go” industry standard
- We have conducted a risk assessment and made changes to our processes and procedures to ensure everyone can enjoy the Abbey safely
In return, we kindly ask that you:
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival
- Maintain a 2 metre distance between yourself and others
- Please wear a face mask. (If you have a problem wearing a face mask or have an exemption card or letter from your doctor, please show this to us on arrival.)
- Make your donation and shop purchases by contactless payment
- Upon entry, provide your contact details to support NHS Test & Trace
- Follow the one way systems in place
- Follow all staff and volunteer instructions and signage in the Abbey
Public Health Reassurance:
If and when Covid cases arise at Bath Abbey, in addition to the Test and Trace system, it is our policy to contact Public Health England, to be assured that our Abbey safety and cleaning measures continue to make it safe for visiting, services and events to continue, as planned. We will also apply the Dept. of Education rules used by Schools, to check whether a person’s proximity to fellow personnel at the Abbey presents any cause of infection concern.
If you have any further questions please contact the Abbey Office (Monday-Friday, 10am-12pm) on 01225 422462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.