We count it a great privilege to make everyone welcome at the Abbey, and we consider it a duty to keep our congregation, staff and volunteers safe. Please note the following:
- We kindly ask if you could please stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19
- We encourage the use of hand sanitiser at the door. Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance
- The government suggests that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where they may come into contact with other people they do not normally meet (unless exempt on medical grounds). For Tower Tours, masks can be removed in the staircases and at the top.
- The Abbey’s QR code is displayed at the entrance for those using the NHS Test and Trace app.
During services and events:
- there is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering; however you may optionally wish to continue wearing one (eg in crowded and enclosed spaces, where you may come into contact with people you don’t normally meet)
- we encourage the use of hand sanitiser on entry
- congregational singing of hymns is permitted; again you may optionally wish to wear a face covering when singing (for the safety of yourself & others)
- reception of Communion is currently in the form of bread alone
- socially distanced seating is available
- These worship guidelines are kept under review and were last updated March 2022
Bath Abbey is a house of God, a place of healing and hope – and we are delighted that we can meet in confidence, to give thanks to God in whom there is fullness of life and joy
If you have any further questions regarding your visit please contact our Visitor Experience Team at email@example.com. If it is regarding attending a service please contact our Churchwardens on firstname.lastname@example.org or for non-worship events, please contact the event organiser or the website that you purchased the ticket from. Alternatively, you can call the Abbey Office (Monday-Friday 10am-3pm) on 01225 422462.