- This event has passed.
Sun 6 December, 2020 at 3:30 pm until 4:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Sunday, repeating until Sun 19 December, 2021
*Please note, on Sundays 1st, 8th, 22nd & 29th August, the 3.30pm service will be Said Evensong with a hymn. There will be a full Choral Evensong on 15th August and recommencing weekly from 5th September.*
The Service of Choral Evensong usually takes place each Sunday at 3.30pm, making for a peaceful and prayerful start to the week. It lasts for approximately 45 minutes, blending the much-loved traditional liturgy of the Book of Common Prayer (1662) with a rich repertoire of English Church music.
In accordance with Government and Church of England guidelines, the service is currently sung by a reduced Abbey choir. We have a very much reduced seating capacity to adhere to physical distancing, so please book a free ticket via Eventbrite.
Keeping you safe
We look forward to welcoming you and are taking every care to ensure a Covid secure Abbey:
- We are limiting the number attending services
- Chairs will be spaced out accordingly to make sure each household is appropriately distanced
- We will carry out cleaning before and after events
- There will be controlled entry and queueing, and a one-way system in place
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance
- We will be taking everyone’s details for Track and Trace
In return, we kindly ask that you:
- Please wear a face mask. (If have a problem wearing a face mask or have an exemption card or letter from your doctor, please show this to us on arrival.)
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival
- Maintain a 2 metre distance between yourself and others
- Provide your contact details to support NHS Test & Trace
- Follow the one way systems in place
- Follow all staff and volunteer instructions and signage in the Abbey