- Bath Abbey welcomes Visiting Choirs to sing Sunday services (at 11.15 am and 3.30 pm) at times when the Abbey Choir is on holiday. These times usually include:
- One or two Sundays after Christmas
- One or two Sundays after Easter
- Approximately seven Sundays over the second half of July, and August
- One or two Sundays to coincide with local school half-term holidays i.e.
- Mid February
- End of May
- End of October
Most choirs like to come for the whole weekend and sing Choral Evensong on the Saturday.
Early booking is advisable as the Abbey gets heavily booked by other local organisations for concerts etc.
Visiting Choirs are given use of the Choir Vestry in which to rehearse and robe.
The Abbey’s magnificent Klais Organ provides a versatile, colourful and stimulating accompaniment to choral and congregational music. New wooden screens behind the choir stalls have created a more friendly acoustic environment for singers.
At the moment the following Sundays are available:
- Sunday 7 May
- Sunday 13 August
- Sunday 5 August
- Sunday 12 August
- Sunday 19 August
If you would like us to consider your Choir or simply to find out more, please contact Philippa Parfrey at the Bath Abbey Office, 12 Kingston Buildings, Bath, BA1 1LT, Tel +44 (0)1225 422462, Fax +44 (0)1225 429990 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org