You are here:
Does my child need to be able to read music?
- No. They will learn everything they need, including note reading.
How old does my child have to be?
Will my child be safe?
- Your child will always be in safe hands. All members of staff and choir are CRB cleared and there will always be more than one experienced adult with them.
Do we need to be religious?
- It is not vital that a choir member and family are practising Christians, but it is expected that they will support and respect the Christian way of life.
What is expected of us?
- The only thing we expect choir member’s families to do is to support their child and encourage them to be enthusiastic, hardworking and responsible, and of course to bring them to rehearsals and concerts in good time.
When does the choir meet?
- Melody Makers meet on Wednesday in term-time between 5.00pm – 6.30pm at the Abbey. They also have the opportunity to perform at concerts throughout the year.
How much does it cost?
- Membership costs £40 per term, payable at the start of each term. This includes specialist music training from the Abbey’s Assistant Director of Music, theory tuition, singing lessons and progress reports, as well as £14 for a special Melody Makers uniform and starter pack. We offer bursaries for special cases so please ask us about this if you need financial assistance.